When you think of methods in business communications nowadays, several forms may come into your mind. These could be voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP), video conferencing, instant messaging, email, faxing, SMS, and more. These methods of communication are tied up to your business’ timeliness, reliability, and of course, productivity. Businesses nowadays are measured and rated not only by the quality of the products or services but also by how customers would feel connected with their business partners. What if you are still spending and maintaining hardware just to host the services at your own facility? Here is how unified communications as a service (UCaaS) can help you:
- Cost Reduction – You only spend for your need. The vendor hosts the equipment at their facility and provides you with access to the service through the cloud. Using cloud-based services removes the burden of you doing system administration which demands a considerable amount of time and IT expertise, as well as finding storage space within your business space. Remember that the number of services you have for your communication may dictate the number of hardware required to host the service at your own facility.
- Multi-tasking Functionalities – UcaaS allows you to integrate and make interactions through new communication channels, guides you to enhance your communication for your own advantage. Now it’s easier to transition from a voice call to a video call and into video conferencing. Not only switching is possible, but it will also allow the participants to utilize other channels such as chat or file sharing while on a video conference.
- More adaptability and Flexibility – With UCaaS in place, switching from one channel to another is seamless. You can choose between multiple communications methods, including voice, video, email, social, and text, and use a variety of features that exist within these channels. In addition, you may access these channels from your preferred devices such as desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones. This gives your employees to be more flexibility when catering to your customer’s preferred communication. Thus, it gives a remarkably good impression to your customers.
- Improved and Efficient Processes – The advantage of making the communication process efficient is that it allows the employees to be more productive and can help save time for the customers as well. UCaaS combines all your communication channels into one platform, to give you one place where you can check all of your messages. Instead of performing multiple layers of the communication process, you can now easily switch back and forth between communication methods and cut all long winding journeys in your usual communication process just because they are stored and housed on different platforms.
- Superb Collaboration – System lags and multiple communication platforms are two of the biggest struggles in doing collaboration at work with the implementation of a hybrid work set-up. Thus, it impacts the employees’ productivity as well as loosens the unity among the members of the team. With all communication methods housed under one platform, it will unify the members’ preferences when it comes to communication with seamless file sharing and transfers.
- High Network Security – As further enhancements and innovations are made in technology, Cybersecurity is a major concern for today’s businesses. It is easier to manage the security parameters of the business if they are just housed under one platform. Unlike with multiple hardware in place, it is difficult to deploy security processes and measures for monitoring and maintenance purposes. You can dedicate the vendor to focusing only on platform security to keep your information safer.
In conclusion, digital communications may represent the future of the business arena. As your business adapts to these latest technology innovations to be more relevant and reliable, more and more applications or methods may be incorporated in the future. Therefore, investing in cloud-based communications technology is for your business’s advantage. It is more unified, better integrated, and much more efficient than traditional tools. It makes it easier for everyone to work together and encourages better productivity results for the employees.
Have questions in mind about finding the best vendor for your unified communications? Beyontel is a reliable vendor-agnostic IT consulting company with 15 years of experience that can surely guide you on your technology needs. Contact us now.