Direct routing is a feature of a PBX system that allows the user to set up their own rules for how calls are routed. This is important because it enables the user to create customized routing systems, which can be used for many different purposes. For example, if you’re a call center, you can set up your PBX, so that calls from customers who have recently made purchases go straight to your sales team. Or, if you’re running a call center for your company’s help desk, you could set up your system so that calls from customers who are not VIPs (a group of customers who are very valuable to your company) go straight to the next available agent in line, while VIPs get routed directly to an agent with more experience handling their particular needs.
Looking at PBX solutions to help you manage your call routing processes, whether you prefer to have a single vendor or multiple vendors for communications, RingCentral provides you with the flexibility and options you need to be successful—no matter which tools you choose. All incoming and outgoing calls are routed through the RingCentral cloud network using the Microsoft Teams application— everything is seamlessly tied together with a native experience within the Teams interface. When it comes to Direct Routing, RingCentral is your best choice, and here are the top 10 benefits below:
- Advanced PBX Features – Boost productivity with innovative PBX features, including call controls, IVR and call handling, automatic call recording, reports, analytics, call queues, SMS, and fax.
- Reliability – Did you know that Microsoft Teams’ 99.9% uptime SLA translates to nine hours of downtime annually? With RingCentral, you can upgrade to 99.999% uptime SLA, which translates to only six minutes of downtime per year.
- Security – RingCentral’s leading security certifications, such as SOC 3 and HITRUST, and compliance with industry requirements, such as HIPAA and FINRA, ensure that users always operate securely and by industry standards. In addition, your business is bulletproof with seven layers of enterprise-grade security.
- Portability – We live in a mobile world, meaning mobility is no longer a want—it’s a need. With RingCentral Cloud PBX for Microsoft Teams, users can easily communicate and collaborate using any mobile, desktop, or web device. They’re always connected no matter where they are (whether at home, in the office, or on the go).
- Flexibility and scalability – Adding users are as easy as 1, 2, 3. As your team grows, you can quickly add new users within a few seconds.
- Ready to deploy – Adding users is as easy as 1, 2, 3. As your team grows, you can quickly add new users within a few seconds.
- Robust Analytics – RingCentral’s analytics portal provides complete visibility into all your voice communications in Teams so you can identify key trends, set automated alerts, access quality of service, and more.
- Global calling – Upgrade your capabilities from 26 countries that Microsoft Calling Plans offers to 40+ countries with RingCentral. RingCentral also provides local and toll-free numbers in 110+ countries.
- Superior voice quality – Since the voice traffic traverses on RingCentral’s cloud network, the traffic going to Microsoft’s data centers is reduced, powering better voice quality.
- Centralized management – Admins can centrally manage their organization’s user base from one intuitive interface. This integration also supports Single Sign-on (SSO), so users are automatically authenticated and connected to their RingCentral communications account when they login to Teams.
In conclusion, direct routing can be one of the best benefits a PBX offers. It’s essential for any company looking to expand its service since it can offer not only immediate connectivity but plenty of future scalability options. With RingCentral Cloud PBX for Microsoft Teams, all communication and collaboration essentials live in the Teams application, driving productivity across your entire business. Talk to us today to walk you through the possibility of exploring the solution for your business communication advantage.